Led by club member Eoin Kernan, their 2023 stand up paddle boarding [SUP] programme has, and will have, options to cater for you whether you are
- a SUP beginner,
- a SUP tourer with wanderlust,
- an aspiring SUP racer,
- a calm SUP yogi
and lots, lots more. Their programme forms part of HYC's On The Water initiative for members which, alongside sailing, powerboating, and kayaking is designed to help you get on your own pathway on the water.
HYC MEMBER OFFER
For all Discover SUP activities, HYC members can:
- hire a club SUP board and equipment free of charge (if required), for use during your booked activity session.
- avail of exclusive HYC member discounts on Discover SUP's regular rates.
- Access expert advice from Eoin on any questions prior to purchasing SUP equipment or trying out variations of the sport (join the Discover SUP at HYC SUP Group on WhatsApp below).
Discover SUP offers a weekly schedule of SUP activities at HYC, generally delivered as separate sessions for adults (18+ yrs) only and juniors (8-17 yrs) only.
Competent and practised SUP skills are the keys to safe and enjoyable sessions on the water. Our belief is safety first, skills next, fun always. Our aim is to empower you with the skills YOU need. We created three education levels, delivered in group or private sessions, tailored to your learning needs. Pick your level and let's get on the water!
Other SUP activities
During the season adult HYC members can get involved in:
- SUP experiences (such as the Ireland’s Eye Loop tour)
- SUP polo (think water polo on a SUP board!)
- SUP yoga (relaxing with the sound of the sea)
- SUP racing
For the junior HYC members, during the summer months there are:
- Summer SUP Camps
- SUP Birthday Bashes (Contact us here directly to book)
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Availing of your HYC member discount:
- When choosing your selected activity/activities during sign-up, select the appropriate HYC member option for you. This will show the rate with the relevant discounts applied.
- When you are asked for your personal details, please include your HYC member ID number for proof of eligibility for the discount.
Joining the club SUP Group on WhatsApp:
Discover SUP has opened a HYC SUP Group on WhatsApp where you can:
- keep up-to-date on SUP activities as they become available at HYC.
- connect with fellow SUPers.
- ask Eoin for expert advice on any questions you might have prior to purchasing SUP equipment or trying out variations of the sport.
Visit the member's area of the HYC website, the HYC mobile app, or contact the club office, to get yourself added to the group.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- HYC member discounts are only available to current HYC members.
- Discover SUP activities are generally delivered as separate sessions for adults (18+ yrs) only and juniors (8-17 yrs) only. Contact us here if you would like to arrange a private activity session with adults and juniors together.
- HYC member ID details are required by Discover SUP when signing up for proof of eligibility for HYC member discounts.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased for values equal to rates after HYC member discounts are applied, once all criteria above are met. Contact us here for more details on appropriate values.